Building Up What The World Tears Down
by Chris Tiegreen
But love didn't last long. An airline attendant picked up a microphone and called for volunteers with the flexibility to wait for a later flight. There would be perks, of course—a voucher for future travel to any city in the country. The only price would be arriving at their destination a couple of hours later.
A minute later, I heard the couple arguing. She wanted to volunteer for the later flight. He didn't. And he grew louder with every retort.
I marveled at the woman's patience. The man was being unreasonable in his arguments. He could have simply said, "I'd rather not, dear, because I don't want to keep our friends waiting." But instead he questioned her intelligence and swore that she was trying to mess everything up—though he couldn't explain exactly how things would be messed up. He'd fire...
This month, please pray for the following:
- Pray for the final editing process of two new videos: Chosen (based on Mary the mother of Jesus) and God's Grand Story New Testament (Student/Young Adult Version). Both of these resources are scheduled to be released by the end of the year.
- Pray for our International Director, Wahid Wahba, as he travels to Jordan to share God's Grand Story with church leaders.
- Pray for the Live the Word Conference October 22-25 - Palm Coast, FL. Pray for the all the preparations taking place to make this a great time of fellowship and spiritual renewing for our donor family.
- Pray for our Pastor's Conference in Honduras coming up on October 27-30
- Pray for one of our Teacher Trainers in India, Brother Thomas Pechak and his son, Joshua, in the sudden loss of their wife and mother, Mrs. Prupasa Pechak.
Please don't forget that we offer free resources on our website that will help ignite your passion for God's Word.
This month, we are featuring the small group video series Personal Holiness in Times of Temptation. Please enjoy this free teaching session as our gift to you.
What's standing between you and your next sin?
Do you know what lies right between you and your next sin? Something called "temptation". Temptation is the lead domino in a chain that ultimately leads to great disappointment, suffering, and alienation. At the moment of a temptation, you can experience either defeat or victory. Choose victory.