Doing What's Right...Even When It Hurts
by Phil Tuttle
During seminary, I worked for a guy named Mickey who owned a small business that designed bank interiors. It was during the boom in banking in the early '80s, so there was plenty of work as elaborate bank buildings were going up everywhere in Texas, where I lived. Part of my job was to help get the interior of the building ready for use. When the designers had drawn all their plans for a new bank, I'd get a bunch of friends from seminary to help load up rental trucks with modular furniture, and we'd work virtually nonstop for three days so that by Monday, the bank would be ready for employees to come in and get to work.
Over time, Mickey began to open up to me. One day he said, "I'm really glad you worked out."
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Well, the guy before you was pretty good too, but I just assumed he was a fluke. I had almost decided that hiring seminary students was the worst thing I could do for my business. Some of the guys...
This month, please pray for the following:
- Pray for leader trainings happening this month in Kazakhstan, the Republic of Georgia, and the United Kingdom
- Pray for protection and provision for our team in the Middle East as they plan to go back to Iraq for a teaching conference
- Continue to pray for the development of Chosen (based on Mary, the mother of Jesus). We expect to release this small group resource in the coming months.
- Pray for the upcoming release of God's Grand Story New Testament (Student/Young Adult Version)
- Pray for the fruit of the conference Phil Tuttle taught in Honduras last month
Please don't forget that we offer free resources on our website that will help ignite your passion for God's Word.
This month, we are featuring Walk Thru's newest resource, a one year devotional titled Heaven on Earth! We hope you enjoy this FREE excerpt. Feel free to leave your comments in the section below.
Heaven on Earth
Do you long for a thriving, intimate connection with God? Are you ready to be known as one of His people, to engage in His work, and to dwell in His presence? Then prepare for a new understanding of what it means to be a part of His Kingdom. The Bible is filled...