I don’t know how much you hang out in the book of Job. I personally don’t spend a lot of quality time there. Maybe you’re struggling right now. Or maybe your life is going really well and you’re an annoyance to the people you work with. If you read Job you’ll get your dose of depression. On the other hand, if your life is the pits, you also need to read Job. You’ll say it really could be worse because it was for him.
Job goes through many terrible experiences and his faith holds up remarkably well. But toward the end of the book, Job is getting tired. Fear interjects itself into the equation. Finally he loses his perspective, he’s had enough, and he brings some real accusations against God. We read this and we think, Whew! I can’t believe he said that, even though we think the exact same things. But we’ve learned to proofread our prayers. God, this does not make sense. I’ve worked hard my whole life and look what’s happened to my retirement plan. How can this be? Lord, I trust You and I realize that my time is in Your hands, Father.
Did you know:
- ...that Mary is the only woman mentioned by name in the Quran?
- ...that while many Catholics have a deep reverence for Mary, many Protestants have never even heard a sermon about her?
- ...that men can learn as many lessons from her life as women can?
Billions of people know who Mary was. She gets a mention at least once a year around Christmas when the story of the Nativity is celebrated. But not many people have studied her life, and far fewer have followed in her footsteps of faith. She has become for us a unique character in a seasonal story rather than a model of how to live every day as someone chosen by God...
This month, please pray for the following:
- Praise that Chosen (our newest resource on the life and character of Mary) has been released!
- Praise that our Hungary offices were able to conduct 51 Walk Thru the Old Testament events last year, mostly within the school system. Pray for the new school year and the impact that will be made in these students' lives.
- Pray for the release of God's Grand Story in South Korea. Specifically, pray for an effective strategy and the financial support to launch the program.
- Pray for our annual Live The Word donor conference at the end of this month. This year, we are celebrating our 40th anniversary!
Please don't forget that we offer free resources on our website that will help ignite your passion for God's Word.